When Pioneer’s quirky little WeGO controller came out, I noted that compatibility with algoriddim’s djay software was inevitable. And almost 4 months later, here we are – the WeGO finally gets cosy with djay for Mac. And a very nice setup it is too.
Here’s the words:
To use a DJ MIDI controller with djay or djay Pro, simply plug the controller into your Mac, PC, iOS, or Android device. Djay will detect the controller and automatically pre-map all functionality, allowing you to start using the controller right away. If you have a MIDI controller that is currently not natively supported by djay for iOS, you can still use it with djay’s easy-to-use MIDI Learn feature: Simply connect the MIDI controller to your iOS device (see below), and follow the on-screen instructions to map the hardware controls to functions in djay. Jul 10, 2018 If you have done everything right, plug your controller into your iOS device and run djay Pro or Cross DJ Pro. Your controller should work with the app. Problems You Might Encounter. Some controllers, like the VCI-300MK2 I used, and other controllers with optional power adapter, need much more power than what an iOS device can supply. How to use djay app for ios with any controller computer.
- User Manual for djay for iOS; How do I get started with djay for iOS? What is the difference between the free version and the Pro version? Which MIDI controllers are supported by djay for iOS? I have bought older versions of djay before. Am I entitled for an upgrade discount? How do I reinstall an older version of djay for iOS (djay 2 or djay Pro)?
- Operating environment for djay 2 for Android Android version:4.4 or later.Pioneer DJ does not guarantee normal operation of all types and models of smartphone and tablet.Before purchasing DDJ-WeGO4, please test the Android device you use with djay 2 for Android to make sure the application properly works with your Android device.
- Plug & play support for all official djay controllers including their built-in audio interfaces: Reloop Mixon 4, Beatpad 1 & 2, Mixtour, Pioneer DJ DDJ-WeGO 1–4, Pioneer DJ DDJ-200, ION iDJ 2 Go, Numark iDJ Live 1 & 2, Numark Mixdeck Quad; The Pro subscription offers all of the above, plus the following.
User Manual for djay for iOS; How do I get started with djay for iOS? What is the difference between the free version and the Pro version? Which MIDI controllers are supported by djay for iOS? I have bought older versions of djay before. Am I entitled for an upgrade discount? How do I reinstall an older version of djay for iOS (djay 2 or djay Pro)? It’s showtime readers, and the industry players are preening their newest offerings ready for the BPM Show spotlight. Pioneer does love to make a splash at BPM, and the new WeGO3 controller is likely to garner much attention. It’s a very stylish update to the last offerings — more pro stylings, and definitely more iOS focussed, but with an eye on djay for Mac, Serato DJ Intro and VDJ. .If the buffer size is larger, audio dropout or noise is less likely to occur, however, the latency (the time gap between when you operate the DDJ-WeGO4 and the actual audio output) increases. Windows Follow the instruction below to adjust buffer size at DDJWeGO4 ASIO Settings Utility. After purchasing the Pioneer WEGO (made in china in sept, purchased in oct:) I found out that there is no mapping for traktor or djay, besides the standard Virtual DJ LE included. Seems also there is no rush to be released. This is my first midi map, so I will appreciate any feedback or support from more experienced with Djay midi mapping tool.
Mix it up on the move: the compact DDJ-WeGO DJ console now supports DJing from iTunes with Algoriddim djay and djay LE for Apple Macs
11th December 2012: Aspiring DJs can now mix their favourite tracks direct from their iTunes library, as Algoriddim djay and djay LE join the line-up of DJ software supported by Pioneer’s DDJ-WeGO controller.
DJs already using djay can simply connect the DDJ-WeGO to their Apple Mac and use the console’s pre-assigned controls to access the software’s popular features. Or DDJ-WeGO owners can download djay LE – designed exclusively for use with the DDJ-WeGO – free of charge, and enjoy all the software’s mixing and scratching functions, as well as advanced features such as Hot Cues, samples and loops.
- djay LE is available free of charge from December 2012 at http://www.algoriddim.com/djayLE
- The latest version of the full djay software is available from the App store (13.99 GBP / 17.99 EUR). Customers who already own djay must upgrade to the latest version to use the DDJ-WeGO.
- DDJ-WeGO firmware must be updated to Ver 1.05 to be compatible with djay, which is available at http://www.pioneerdj.com/support
Key features of the DDJ-WeGO
Hands-on experience of DJing with VirtualDJ LE and now djay and djay LE software
Beginner DJs can use the console’s tactile, ergonomic controls to manipulate their chosen software’s features and functions for a truly interactive experience. The DDJ-WeGO will be compatible with a variety of software packages to suit any DJing style.
Pulse Control lights add a visual element to learning to mix
Inherited from Pioneer’s popular DDJ-ERGO controller, the Pulse Control lights guide DJs through their performance and add a visual element to the DJ experience:
- LED channel faders: Red LEDs in the WeGO’s channel faders show the beat of the track playing to help aspiring DJs keep time. And the intensity of the light reflects the sound output levels, so they’ll know if they’ve left a track playing after the mix.
- Mix Pulse (VirtualDJ LE only): Lights around the jog wheel show the beat of all the tracks in play. The lights shine more intensely the closer the match, so novice DJs can easily see how their skills are progressing.
- Launch Pulse: A red light travels from the Load button to the jog wheel when a track has loaded successfully so DJs know when a track is ready to play.
- FX Pulse: LED light patterns around the jog wheel show which effects and filters they’ve engaged. And the lights get brighter as the effects and filters are applied more intensely.
- Jog FX: The DDJ-WeGO’s effects can be further manipulated by scratching and spinning the jog wheel to add another layer of richness to the sound.
Five colour options and customisable lights for a personalised controller
Available in black, green, red, violet and white, there’s a WeGO model to suit every personality. And the console’s jog wheel LEDs can be customised, with seven stunning colour options to choose from. Further personalisation of the WeGO is possible as users can blend their own colour combinations on the jog wheel LEDs.
Portable, compact design for easy transport and simple set up
No bigger than a laptop, the WeGO is compact, lightweight and portable. Set up is simple as the DDJ-WeGO is completely powered by USB; just one cable connecting the console to a laptop or compatible device is all that is needed to get going. Plus, the strategically positioned side panel connections allow cables to be hooked up to the sides of the controller rather than the back, so DJs won’t have to worry about cables snaking across their laptop keyboards.
- High-quality design for clear sound reproduction
- Built-in sound card
System requirements – djay, djay LE
Supported OS – Mac OS X v10.7/10.6/10.5 Intel® processor platform
I’m a fan of djay – not just because I make their promo videos, but because it’s an incredibly intuitive piece of software. It just works, and when paired with controllers like Vestax’s Spin, it makes sense. So I wasn’t sure what to expect when pairing the left field WeGO with djay. But it does still work, and work well. Like djay, rather than having pretensions of being pro, it’s pure fun and very endearing. I plugged and played for a while and loved it. This will feature in my soon-to-come Pioneer WeGO review.
Something I can’t work out – why is there a djay LE version? I may be wrong, but as far as I can see this is identical to the regular version except the WeGO needs it to work. It doesn’t seem to be LE in any way at all, so why not just put out v4.1 that’s WeGO ready?
Anyway, WeGO owners can grab djay LE, or 4.1 or whatever it’s called right here, but don’t forget to upgrade your firmware too. Have fun – I did.After purchasing the Pioneer WEGO (made in china in sept, purchased in oct :) I found out that there is no mapping for traktor or djay, besides the standard Virtual DJ LE included. Seems also there is no rush to be released.
.. this is my first midi map, so I will appreciate any feedback or support from more experienced with Djay midi mapping tool.
It covers most of the functions with LED, etc. For the remaining ones, pls help!
Couple things that need further attention:
- VU meters
- crossfader has some problems in transition so I decided to skip it
- sync button works ok but is always on
- Shift button could not be found by mapper so I used Deck C and Deck D as shift buttons (shift can still be used but just for jog color change :)
- Search T1 = Deck C ( shift) + JOG T1
- Reset Speed T1 =Deck C ( shift) +Load T1
- Back spin T1= Deck C ( shift) +CTRL B
- Forward spin T1=Deck C ( shift) +FX3
- Absorb T1= FX3
- Sway T1 = Ctrl B
- Key On/off-= Ctrl A
- Clear Cue T1 1/2/3 = Deck C ( shift) + Cue 1/2/3
- Reverse T1= cue 4
- Echo Transition T1= Deck C ( shift) + FX1
- Break Transition T1= Deck C ( shift) + Ctrl A
- Reset Speed T1 = Deck C ( shift) + Sync
Pioneer Pro Dj Ddj-wego3-k(similar for T2)
So in case you can simplify the map, improve LED response, fix the problem with the crossfader, solve the missing shift response..I will appreciate.